Billy Bob’s Texas opened April 1, 1981 with national attention featuring Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers as the first performers. Other artists who appeared during opening week included Waylon Jennings, Janie Fricke, and Willie Nelson. With 100,000 square feet of interior space and 20 acres of parking for entertainment and events, Billy Bob’s features 30 individual bar stations, live music with country music’s biggest stars, Live Pro Bull Riding, and a Texas size dance floor for everyone to enjoy. Billy Bob’s Live Pro Bull Riding is sanctioned by Championship Bull Riding (CBR) and contestants compete every Friday and Saturday night. We’re talking real bulls- not mechanical! Billy Bob’s also offers our guests a chance to be a rodeo star by providing an authentic stuffed bull photo opportunity as if they were part of the live action.
- Billy Bob’s can accommodate up to 6,000 people and is open daily with entertainment nightly.
- Billy Bob’s has been named “Country Music Club of the Year” 12 times.
- The record for most bottled beers sold in one night is 16,000 bottles at the Hank Williams Jr. concert in 1986. The second highest record is 14,700 bottles during the Robert Earl Keen Concert in 2001.
- Merle Haggard made the Guinness Book of World Records for buying the largest round of drinks when he bought 5,095 drinks of Canadian Club for the entire club. The bill totaled $12,737.50 and equaled 40 gallons of whiskey.
- More Than 17 Million Visitors have come through Billy Bob’s Doors since 1981.
- More than 47,500 Bulls have bucked in Billy Bob’s arena to date.